Re: Could Golden Gate Bridge even get built today?
Author: Q
Date: 01-08-2010 - 18:15

Probably closer to '79.

It was the first time we ever "Let" thugs take an American facility (our Tehran embassy) without doing anything about it for months. And even then - only because political pressure got too high. The half fast president made a halfassed attempt - then it was oh well - we tried - didn't work - too bad - oh well. Only the next election solved the problem. And without even a shot being fired - go figure. But it was too late by then - the die was cast.

Come to think of it though - even before then, there were those who thought we were never a great nation - and you and I were very arrogant to ever think so. They usually insisted on characterizing anyone who thought we were, as a right wing lunatic. Not a lot different than now, actually; though not as loud.

Several of my own history teachers back then were great examples, as were most of my professors later on. All insisted we were very flawed and were in fact the cause of most the world's problems. Some even said we our military power was evil and should be dismantled. Gee, we had 4 million or so soldiers back then - I wonder why it's not even close to one million now. . . . .

Most of my classmates seemed to buy into it all. Any who questioned that crap just kissed a__ and let it go. So who wants to be a "Right wing extremist" anyway, or get a F for disagreeing. We all just got used to it --- Still Are!

But I better get off my soapbox before I derail something.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Transbay Terminal fight continues synonymouse 01-08-2010 - 10:24
  Re: Transbay Terminal fight continues synonymouse 01-08-2010 - 10:25
  Re: Transbay Terminal fight continues Espee99 01-08-2010 - 12:53
  Could Golden Gate Bridge even get built today? pdxrailtransit 01-08-2010 - 14:14
  Re: Could Golden Gate Bridge even get built today? Castlebridge 01-08-2010 - 17:07
  Re: Could Golden Gate Bridge even get built today? Q 01-08-2010 - 18:15
  Re: Could Golden Gate Bridge even get built today? Roger E 01-09-2010 - 09:11
  Re: Could Golden Gate Bridge even get built today? PNWRailfan 01-09-2010 - 09:50
  Re: Could Golden Gate Bridge even get built today? Coal Slaw 01-09-2010 - 15:49
  Re: Could Golden Gate Bridge even get built today? E 01-09-2010 - 09:30
  Re: Could Golden Gate Bridge even get built today? History 01-09-2010 - 11:15
  Re: Could Golden Gate Bridge even get built today? D 01-09-2010 - 13:37
  Re: Could Golden Gate Bridge even get built today? Q 01-09-2010 - 13:55

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com