Re: Life in the Big City - Philadelphia, PA
Author: Tom McCann
Date: 02-09-2010 - 13:46

Having grown up out in Montgomery County, I can relate to the weather you are about to receive...even here in what is (today) warm, sunny Portland, Ore. And my brothers still live in the Collegeville area, so they and their families are going to get it, too.

A really nice set of photos, especially the night shot. On my last visit to 30th Street (Feb. 2006), I had the opportunity to shoot from the Cira Center parking garage, and I greatly appreciate the views it provided.

Did SEPTA change its route designators? You identified the outbound SEPTA train as a Warminster-bound R5 -- and the last time I checked, the R5 was Thorndale/Paoli to Lansdale/Doylestown, and Warminster was the north end of the R2 (Warminster/Hatboro to Wilmington/Newark, Del.).

An outbound R5 would have been operating on the old Pennsy Main Line toward Harrisburg, and a Warminster-bound train would have been heading in the opposite direction through Market East and up the old Reading side.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Life in the Big City - Philadelphia, PA Mitch Goldman 02-09-2010 - 07:59
  Re: Life in the Big City - Philadelphia, PA Mike T. 02-09-2010 - 10:20
  Re: Life in the Big City - Philadelphia, PA Mitch 02-09-2010 - 10:28
  Re: Life in the Big City - Philadelphia, PA Tom McCann 02-09-2010 - 13:46
  Re: Life in the Big City - Philadelphia, PA Jim Fitzgerald 02-09-2010 - 14:19
  Re: Life in the Big City - Philadelphia, PA Mitch 02-09-2010 - 22:45
  Re: Life in the Big City - Philadelphia, PA PRR lives on in Philly 02-09-2010 - 22:50
  Another impressive angle of the City of Brotherly Love - AEM-7 Smart Butt 02-09-2010 - 13:22

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com