Re: NASA blames motor vehicles for global warming
Author: OldPoleBurner
Date: 02-26-2010 - 19:40

>> I think NASA should think before they make such a stupid statement
&
>> Just out of curiosity, does anyone at NASA actually live in the real world anymore?

Don't be too harsh on them - Fact is, they are only obeying orders from Da Man!

OBAMA himself announced the outsourcing of most all of NASA's current functionality, to India, China, and Russia; and the turning of NASA's attentions towards "Global Warming"

Now just what would you expect those relatively few scientists who actually work for NASA to do? YEP! they're gonna goose-step to whatever drummer pays their salary. Da Man wants it said by the likes of NASA - so it gets said - period.

This ain't a whole lot less fascist than all those owners of retail dealerships associated with newly nationalized auto companies, suddenly getting their (up to that point) still profitable businesses closed down by white house edict - if they had previously donated money to Da Man's political opponents. If even private businessmen had better not dare oppose this new emperor. Certainly gov't employees at NASA had damn well better not!

------------------------
>> How about NASA give up some of their EXTREEMLY BLOATED BUDGET and give it to transit to get us out of our vehicles
>> I would rather use tax payer funds to get me and millions to work vs one trip to the moon

Now speaking of stupid statements!

I guess now it is now cool to whine about money spent on Aerospace research. But I guess ya can't complain about it all going to Bush's war anymore. Funny - I've yet to hear any complaining about the same billions still going to Afghanistan - just the new scapegoat dejur - NASA. Of course if it just wasn't going there, it would naturally go for trains. Of Course it would!

Mark my words - you trashers of the aerospace program will rue the day! Already, the first 35,000 private sector layoffs are a fate accompli - with several hundred thousand more private sector jobs expected to follow within the next two years. So much for economic stimulus, and all those promised jobs!

The fact is, that ever since John F. Kennedy created NASA in the midst of his own recession - it has been a prime engine of innovation, propelling this country well beyond any other in unprecedented wealth, economic power, and military might. In many respects, its consequence literally became the incarnation of America's soul.

Much of the wealth we have enjoyed freely and take for granted, is rooted in and descendant from aerospace research and development, facilitated by NASA over the years. Indeed, NASA research into manned space flight was critical in discovering the cause of the heart attack epidemic of the 50's. Millions are alive now, that wouldn't have been. We all live longer as a result! It was the best "Stimulus" we have ever had - paid back its cost tens of thousands fold. But no more! We will become a third world entity.

And I'll bet that 10 years from now, when OBAMA'S mere $8 billion in capital passenger money is all long spent, we still will see few if any additional passenger train services. They will still be "rickety third world passenger trains".

That $8 billion for passenger rail was spread over ten years. It won't even be a tenth of a down payment. So, when we still don't have that fancy train network; no longer have a major engine of economic development; no manned space flight; nor even the ability to launch a fart into orbit; what will you do for your passenger train fix.

Yes, it's related. Fact is, most of those fancy communications (TV and telephone) and GPS satellites will just slowly fade away without the ability for "a nationally secure" replacement. And absolutely nothing sent to China, India, or Russia will ever be secure. They will take our technology and sooner or later shoot it back at us - It's happened before (WW2). or maybe this time we will just give in to whatever demands they make - no shooting at all.

But wait - that's not all. Guess what folks, these dufusses also passed another dumb law without thinking of all the legal interactions. After 2015, it will be illegal to operate passenger trains in this country without PTS. And without satellites; there will be no GPS; and without GPS, no PTS; hence no passenger train operation anyway! Or will we just break the law in a new way?

But I guess we could just kiss Chinese or Russian ass - and get anything we want, GPS, PTS, TV satellites, farts in space, et al - just out of the goodness of their hearts - especially because we just love those trains - right!

Our soul has already been sold! For a mess of pottage, or was it for mess of passenger trains. And what about the freedom to say what you believe, as a gov't employee, or even as small business owner, or just a private citizen - without fear of economic retaliation. Has that been sold too?

Perhaps it is us that should have done some thinking before we . . . . .

What ABUMMER!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  NASA blames motor vehicles for global warming synonymouse 02-26-2010 - 10:25
  Re: NASA blames motor vehicles for global warming Arlen Sheldrake 02-26-2010 - 10:42
  Re: NASA blames motor vehicles for global warming Mike in OC 02-26-2010 - 14:17
  Re: NASA blames motor vehicles for global warming Kcjones 02-26-2010 - 14:25
  Re: NASA blames motor vehicles for global warming Mike in OC 02-26-2010 - 14:48
  Re: NASA blames motor vehicles for global warming David Smith 02-26-2010 - 17:38
  Re: NASA blames motor vehicles for global warming cdbird 02-26-2010 - 18:36
  Re: NASA blames motor vehicles for global warming David Smith 02-27-2010 - 10:50
  Re: NASA blames nitwits for non rail rants? BOB2 02-26-2010 - 18:37
  Re: NASA blames nitwits for non rail rants? Graham Buxton 02-26-2010 - 19:29
  Re: NASA blames nitwits for non rail rants? Steve Thompson 02-26-2010 - 19:40
  Re: NASA blames motor vehicles for global warming OldPoleBurner 02-26-2010 - 19:40
  Re: NASA blames motor vehicles for global warming synonymouse 02-26-2010 - 22:09
  Re: NASA blames motor vehicles for global warming Coal Slaw 02-27-2010 - 08:09
  Re: NASA blames motor vehicles for global warming Roger E 02-27-2010 - 10:05
  Re: NASA blames motor vehicles for global warming synonymouse 02-27-2010 - 11:50

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com