The good old days with Joel Jensen on the NN
Author: John West
Date: 03-18-2010 - 21:17

If I remember correctly, the popular Nevada Northern winter photo shots were dreamed up by Joel Jensen around 2000 or so. Or at least for a number of years he was very much involved. It was a lot of fun having such a creative photographer running the photo ops. One experience that sticks in my mind was, late in the afternoon on an overcast day as the light was quickly disappearing, I was dithering trying to figure out how to take a shot. Joel kind of dragged me me into the sage brush on the dark side and suggested something along the lines of "forget the train, it's the SKY you want!" Okay, it's not a masterpiece, but the experience did teach me to look for whatever is interesting in a scene, even if it means making the train a secondary part of the image.

JBWX

It's the SKY stupid!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  The good old days with Joel Jensen on the NN John West 03-18-2010 - 21:17
  Re: The good old days with Joel Jensen on the NN Sam Reeves 03-18-2010 - 22:32
  Re: The good old days with Joel Jensen on the NN hepkema 03-19-2010 - 07:45
  Re: The good old days with Joel Jensen on the NN beno 03-19-2010 - 08:58
  Re: The good old days with Joel Jensen on the NN Mike T. 03-19-2010 - 15:37
  Re: The good old days with Joel Jensen on the NN Margaret (SP fan) 03-20-2010 - 14:48

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com