BNSF Radio Frequencies on the Scenic Sub
Author: Tom Rawson
Date: 04-06-2010 - 20:00

I rode Amtrak Seattle-Vancouver BC and return this weekend. North on Saturday morning and return on Monday morning. I had my scanner. The frequencies used did not exactly correspond to the frequencies listed in the 2008 Altamont Railfan TT, or the ones listed on various web sites that have freqs used by Amtrak trains.
According to the Altamont Railfan TT, 161.160 (AAR 70) is in use Seattle-MP 8. From MP 8 all the way to Wenatchee is supposed to be 161.100 (AAR 66), so trains going to points on the Bellingham Sub would use 66 as far as P.A. Junction. Then, once actually on the Bellingham Sub, the frequency is 161.250 (AAR 76).
What actually happened on both directions of my trip: 70 was in use Seattle-Edmonds. At Edmonds they switched to 76, which they continued to use once on the Bellingham Sub.
Does anyone know when this change took place? Is 66 in use east of P.A. Junction on the Scenic Sub?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  BNSF Radio Frequencies on the Scenic Sub Tom Rawson 04-06-2010 - 20:00
  Re: BNSF Radio Frequencies on the Scenic Sub Steve Eshom 04-06-2010 - 21:32
  Re: BNSF Radio Frequencies on the Scenic Sub Tom Rawson 04-07-2010 - 07:00
  Re: BNSF Radio Frequencies on the Scenic Sub <> 04-07-2010 - 10:32

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com