Re: K&O operations questions
Author: Mike M
Date: 06-09-2010 - 14:15

I can't help a whole lot, but here's what little I know...

The railroad operates out of the UP yard located near K96 and I135. You'll typically see their power lay over between runs near the car shop.

Locomotives run are all over the place, typically second generation power, leased, not in company paint. Watco also operates another railroad in southeaster KS which they reach via trackage rights on the Santa Fe south through Derby and Mulvane. One fairly regular run they do is to provide gravel for the Cornejo concrete plant, located where Southwest Blvd crosses under I135 in south Wichita. Cornejo has a plant switcher, a first generation unit (unsure what make) in faded black paint.

K&O used to stage some cars in a yard located south of Kellogg and west of Washington street; there is also a scrapyard along the west side of the yard.

Wish I could help more on train frequencies, etc, but just haven't had the ground time to chase it a lot. In years past, I used to work in Hutchinson, so my commute had me on K96 between Wichita and Hutchinson. This road parallels the K&O line for a fair bit around Yoder.

Good luck, have a fun trip. Been raining lately, hopefully will dry off before you show up.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  K&O operations questions ShortlinesUSA 06-09-2010 - 06:45
  Re: K&O operations questions Mike M 06-09-2010 - 14:15

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com