Re: STMA to Plummer: It's a Go!
Author: Bruce Kelly
Date: 06-05-2007 - 07:55

July dates should work for me; I'll give you a call, Marc. Yes, I did go down to St. Maries, even though the sky was horribly dark. Two Geeps pulled about 17 cars. I say "about" because my bleary eyes counted 17 as he crossed Pedee Viaduct (which you can easily jog into after getting him on Benewah), but when the crew was talking to the UP approaching Plummer, they said they had 15 loads and 1 empty. I'll know for sure when the "legacy media" comes back from processing. Roger, I don't think the UP went on duty 10am this day because they came rolling into Plummer Junction about two minutes after the STMA around noon. But that's quite early for the Switcher to be reaching Plummer, so maybe they'll be settling back to the old afternoon meet, which would indeed mean the UP going back to a 10am start. Good news is that they've got a gleaming pair of yellow Geeps; none of that faded yellow/graffitti-nosed stuff I saw on my last Plummer chases. Was going to follow the Plummer Turn back toward Manito amid the green fields instead of heading back to Benewah for the STMA's return trip, but the poor light prompted me to just head home. It should be known that while this was STMA's first REVENUE train over the reopened trestle, they have of course been running work trains over it the past several weeks. And Friday June 1 they ran light engine up to Plummer and brought back an enormous train of empties. In sunshine! While I was at work! There are still tons of STMA boxcars stuffed in those MILW spurs at Plummer, which they me have come off lease and are being left in storage. Had a brief talk with their new general manager. He's brought some smart new changes that should help guide the STMA into many more years of viable operation.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  STMA to Plummer: It's a Go! Bruce Kelly 06-04-2007 - 07:42
  Re: STMA to Plummer: It's a Go! Marc 06-04-2007 - 09:07
  Re: STMA to Plummer: It's a Go! hepkema 06-04-2007 - 12:12
  Re: STMA to Plummer: It's a Go! . 06-04-2007 - 15:42
  Re: STMA to Plummer: It's a Go! Bruce Kelly 06-05-2007 - 07:55
  Re: STMA to Plummer: It's a Go! rolland a. meyers 06-05-2007 - 13:17
  Re: STMA to Plummer: It's a Go! Bruce Kelly 06-07-2007 - 07:41

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com