Re: A Couple GEMCO locals
Author: mook
Date: 09-12-2010 - 10:58

Just curious ... a few months ago I had some meetings in downtown LA and flew to Burbank for the train connection. WB Amtrak was in the station when I got there, with a EB freight in push mode (caboose!) waiting just out of the station. Amtrak left, freight proceeded with hand horn, then my EB Metrolink arrived less than 5 minutes later. Freight had maybe 4-5 cars. But it had vanished by the time my train left -- no sign of it anywhere down the line, and we had no speed restrictions. No it did NOT cross over just east of the airport station, and there was noplace else for it to hide -- all the sidings once we got onto the main line toward Glendale were full of parked baretables. Was this a ghost train? Twas around 0830. No camera of course...

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  A Couple GEMCO locals Freericks 09-12-2010 - 09:38
  Re: A Couple GEMCO locals mook 09-12-2010 - 10:58
  Re: A Couple GEMCO locals Freericks 09-12-2010 - 13:40
  Re: A Couple GEMCO locals mook 09-12-2010 - 17:36
  Re: A Couple GEMCO locals -- helper units in SLO ??? George Andrews 09-12-2010 - 11:32
  Re: A Couple GEMCO locals -- helper units in SLO ??? Freericks 09-12-2010 - 13:41

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com