Re: Audio File - NCRA @ SMART
Author: 505alive
Date: 10-24-2010 - 20:48

The audio can be found here [www.sonomamarintrain.org] under the Meeting Audio section below the Board of Directors Meeting October 20, 2010 1:30 PM heading.

It allows you to stop, rewind and fast forward.

I typed some of the stuff I heard, and will try to record some of my notes here in the next few days. One thing got my attention was a question by Director Arnold to Doug Bosco, the attorney representing NWPCO (I think).

Director Arnold: "Does NWP have customers ready to go whenever you start running?"
Bosco: "Yes, we do."
Arnold: "And do we know who they are?"
Bosco: "I don't know if you do or not; some of them may be here today. I can tell you some of them if you want".
Arnold: "Who are they?"

Here we have a director of a public agency asking the attorney representing a private company (NWPCO) who their customers are. Many businesses will never share their customer list. Is it common in the railroad freight business for the railroad company to tell any public agency in a public forum the names of their customers? Would the customers like this?

Later in the meeting during the public comment session, at least 3 representatives of customers spoke of their high interest in starting freight service as soon as possible. One spoke of 2500 tons coming in each week, with an added cost of $16 per ton because it has to be trucked.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Audio File - NCRA @ SMART Chris 10-23-2010 - 08:41
  Re: Audio File - NCRA @ SMART 505alive 10-24-2010 - 20:48

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com