SP Passenger GP9 Finale
Author: Steve Sloan
Date: 11-07-2010 - 06:44

The that 70's (mostly) train show continues with these photos. This is the last post in this series of the dual control passenger GP9s. Sorry there are not many action shots here. In the early 70's I was more into shooting roster shots. By the time I got into shooting action we were getting into the 80's. The box I am going through now is before that time. That is why this box was organized by me way back then by unit number.

I am sorry, it is not a conscious decision, I am not holding back; it was my style of photography at the time.

http://homepage.mac.com/s_sloan/trains/sp/_images0002/sp3005_0001.jpg

In February 1975 SP Torpedo Boat Passenger GP9 3005 is coupled up to a Train Master at Lenzen Street, San Jose, CA.

http://homepage.mac.com/s_sloan/trains/sp/_images0002/sp3010_0001.jpg

Southern Pacific Passenger GP9 3010 departing Third and Townsend Station, San Francisco, CA with train 118 in February, 1975.

Thanks again for the comments folks have been making on my photos. Corrections, comments and more information is appreciated.

Train Masters are coming soon:

~Steve Sloan

- - - - - -

These photos are the most recent additions to my Train Website.

If you like the photos I have been posting I have many similar photos, very few of which have been published elsewhere. You can click on the links below to see more:

* Home Page of Website
* Southern Pacific Section
* My Train Photo Twitter Feed

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  SP Passenger GP9 Finale Steve Sloan 11-07-2010 - 06:44
  Re: SP Passenger GP9 Finale George Andrews 11-08-2010 - 04:08

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com