Southern Pacific's ex-demo Train Masters
Author: Steve Sloan
Date: 11-08-2010 - 08:07

The "That 70's (mostly) Train Show" continues with these photos. These are the former Fairbanks Morse Train Naster demonstrators TM-3 and TM-4.

http://homepage.mac.com/s_sloan/trains/sp/_images0002/sp3020_0001.jpg

Southern Pacific H-24-66 Train Master 3020 leads train 132 past 4th St. Tower in San Francisco (date not recorded.) The SP 3020 is a former Fairbanks Morse Demonstrator.

http://homepage.mac.com/s_sloan/trains/sp/_images0002/sp3021_0001.jpg

Southern Pacific FM Train Master 3021, also an ex demonstrator, at the Bayshore Roundhouse, San Francisco, CA on July 15, 1974.

A little story: My dad was an SP hoghead (locomotive engineer). He hired out with SP in 1945. When he saw the Fairbanks Morse Train Master locomotive demonstrators touring the SP he said to the SP officials there, "Oh God, last thing we need is another Trainmaster!"

Click here to see more Train Master Photos.

Thanks again for the comments folks have been making on my photos. Corrections, comments and more information is appreciated.

Many More Train Masters are coming:

~Steve Sloan

PS: My foot is healing very slowly. I am able to walk in normal shoes now, but it still is tender.

- - - - - -

These photos are the most recent additions to my Train Website.

If you like the photos I have been posting I have many similar photos, very few of which have been published elsewhere. You can click on the links below to see more:

* Home Page of Website
* Southern Pacific Section
* My Train Photo Twitter Feed

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Southern Pacific's ex-demo Train Masters Steve Sloan 11-08-2010 - 08:07

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com