Re: PCC W&I in Moscow and the EWG
Author: Jeff Hopkins
Date: 06-22-2007 - 15:57

EWG: any idea what's wrong with the "burped" SD-45?? Most of the used running stuff MRL sells is in pretty good shape, anything they have doubts about they sell as scrap. As far as what is happening on the P&L, that area is my old stomping grounds too and I was there for a visit a month ago and found the tracks pretty overgrown with grasses and weeds---as a former farm hand in the area (when I was at Wazzu) that type of grasses burns like gas when it dries out and the slightest spark will set it off--they better get after it as I doubt they can afford to pay the cost of putting out fires. It seems to me that what Watco is doing in Moscow is a bit on the illegal side, if the shippers were on the ball they would have a pretty easy case with the STB. Moscow is trying to be the tree hugger capital of Idaho, yet when I last visited Moscow I got stuck behind a semi pulling out of their recycling center, smoking like crazy, hauling bales of aluminum cans and bales of cardboard---followed the sucker all the way to Spokane on Hwy 195 and the thing was losing sheets of cardboard and smashed cans the whole way, you would think an eco-friendly town like Moscow could do better. (Especially since University of Idaho got a large federal grant to study fuel efficient transportation options).
Does W&I have any new customers lined up?? I would think if they owned the WI&M it would give them a leg up on continuing to operate the P&L as they would be the logical operator?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Pulling out anyway PCC W&I in Moscow Norman Tyne 06-21-2007 - 17:50
  PCC W&I in Moscow and the EWG hepkema 06-22-2007 - 07:27
  Re: PCC W&I in Moscow and the EWG Jeff Hopkins 06-22-2007 - 15:57
  Re: PCC W&I in Moscow and the EWG & MofW priorities Ross Hall 06-22-2007 - 17:57
  Re: CW Tonnage ratings Larry Baxter 06-25-2007 - 04:12
  Re: CW Tonnage ratings Toad. 06-25-2007 - 16:09
  Re: CW Tonnage ratings Eric Strang 06-25-2007 - 17:21
  Re: CW Tonnage ratings P&L ratings??? Ross Hall 06-25-2007 - 17:39
  Re: CW Tonnage ratings P&L ratings??? Larry Baxter 06-25-2007 - 18:29
  Re: CW Tonnage ratings P&L ratings??? Thanks Ross Hall 06-26-2007 - 17:00
  Re: CW Tonnage ratings P&L ratings??? Eric Strang 06-26-2007 - 16:29
  Re: CW Tonnage ratings P&L ratings??? Jean 06-26-2007 - 16:53

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com