Re: CNJ 113's new whistle (and the talented fellow behind it) *pic*
Author: Tom Moungovan
Date: 12-02-2010 - 10:21

Most impressive...and something that you don't see as much here out West, a step top 3 chime.
Would love to hear a recording of it someday. Bernie has a fine reputation.
A few years ago, I was approached by a gent from GA who knew of this project and asked if I had a whistle to spare for them. The only one at the time that I cared to sell was an 8" Lunkenheimer chime (older style) that I had heard on steam and liked. I sold it to them with the proviso that it was not what would have been on her in service, but that they'd likely be happy with the sound. Somebody back there ended up with a nice whistle. I wish them the best in this endeavor, this is a big example of an 0-6-0.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  CNJ 113's new whistle (and the talented fellow behind it) *pic* SJHussar 12-02-2010 - 07:25
  Re: CNJ 113's new whistle (and the talented fellow behind it) *pic* Tom Moungovan 12-02-2010 - 10:21
  Re: CNJ 113's new whistle (and the talented fellow behind it) *pic* SJHussar 12-02-2010 - 12:31
  Re: THANKS! Tom Moungovan 12-02-2010 - 16:33

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com