Re: CPA Insurance alternatives
Author: FNM
Date: 03-17-2011 - 21:32

So I am a UTU officer, but am not an insurance salesman and have no interest in selling UTU insurance. I will share one experience though where two guys on a crew together were both terminated (they both had tall records). The conductor had UTU insurance while the brakeman had BRCF. BRCF disputed the facts of his claim statement and argued against paying him for about 6 months. I eventually got involved, and they eventually agreed to pay him, but the payments were less than what he had expeted. THey deducted some fees from each monthly allowance.

However, the UTU DIPP insurance started paying right away. There were never any issues being paid, no fees... There were even a couple of overlapped days when the conductor returned back to work that he didn't need to repay.

Anyway, based on this one experience, I'd suggest UTU over BRCF eventhough its slightly more expensive (although it was cheaper after the BRCF fees). If your UTU S&T does some work, they'll approve BLET members who previously had CPA insurance.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  CPA Insurance alternatives Uh, I'd rather not say... 03-15-2011 - 19:11
  Re: CPA Insurance alternatives RWS 03-15-2011 - 20:59
  Re: CPA Insurance alternatives Craig Tambo 03-16-2011 - 00:52
  Re: CPA Insurance alternatives Van 03-16-2011 - 04:31
  Re: CPA Insurance alternatives FNM 03-17-2011 - 21:32

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com