Re: Analog or Digital Radio Transmission by the Railroads???
Author: OldPoleBurner
Date: 04-09-2011 - 10:26

Thank you, fkrock.

I was afraid of something along those lines. It's apparently still all up in the air (no pun intended); but my old radio shack PRO-91 scanner refuses to program narrow band channel frequencies, jumping to the nearest old channel frequency instead. I will therefore not be able to properly tune them in, and reception with this radio is crappy enough already.

So if scanners capable of the digital format the railroads use, are not put on the market very soon, I will have to make a soon-to-be-obsolete purchase, and then purchase a digital scanner later (assuming the proper format ever becomes available, and that railroads don't encrypt).

It would seem, that many of us are going to soon find themselves in the same boat. I am not so sure that an interim scanner is worth the cost; but we shall see I guess. Hopefully, whenever one of us learns some new info, it will be shared quickly over this forum.

Again, thanks for whatever info anyone has to offer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message to t(r)ucker
others need not read

Sorry Pal; I was merely pointing out the high likelihood, that the report (not about politics) you referred to, was over sensationalized - and why I thought so.

I fail to see how any direct eyewitness of the AP or other media sources getting stuff wrong, has anything whatsoever to do with politics; especially since the witness came by virtue of just doing my job as an incident investigator, which also had absolutely nothing to do with politics.

Not everything the media reports on, has to be about politics. In fact, most reports from any channel worth watching, will not be political at all - they will be about humanities, or nature, or the sciences. . . . . . Did you think otherwise?

It was you; that directly mentioned the names of some political pundits, suggesting that if we couldn't trust AP, we might have to trust them. But since all these political pundits ever talk about - is politics; they couldn't possibly replace the AP, or ABC, NBC, CBS, BBC, Reuters, CNN, FOX, etc, which ought to be carrying a lot of non-political stuff anyway. I think you already know that. So such a suggestion was both silly and snarky - and politically snarky too boot, about something not political at all!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Analog or Digital Radio Transmission by the Railroads??? Coleman Randall, Jr 04-06-2011 - 01:57
  Re: Analog or Digital Radio Transmission by the Railroads??? J 04-06-2011 - 04:22
  Re: Analog or Digital Radio Transmission by the Railroads??? Kurt 04-06-2011 - 10:43
  Re: Analog or Digital Radio Transmission by the Railroads??? M 04-06-2011 - 12:26
  Re: Analog or Digital Radio Transmission by the Railroads??? Mark 04-06-2011 - 14:19
  Re: Analog or Digital Radio Transmission by the Railroads??? Fed up Engineer 04-06-2011 - 15:11
  Re: Analog or Digital Radio Transmission by the Railroads??? Calvin 04-06-2011 - 15:29
  Re: Analog or Digital Radio Transmission by the Railroads??? SPKid 04-06-2011 - 18:56
  Re: Analog or Digital Radio Transmission by the Railroads??? Mark 04-06-2011 - 22:39
  Re: Analog or Digital Radio Transmission by the Railroads??? J 04-07-2011 - 07:39
  Re: Analog or Digital Radio Transmission by the Railroads??? Mark 04-07-2011 - 12:46
  Re: Analog or Digital Radio Transmission by the Railroads??? J 04-07-2011 - 13:39
  Re: Analog or Digital Radio Transmission by the Railroads??? fkrock 04-08-2011 - 19:13
  Re: Analog or Digital Radio Transmission by the Railroads??? Will 04-07-2011 - 05:30
  Re: Analog or Digital Radio Transmission by the Railroads??? fkrock 04-07-2011 - 09:15
  Re: Analog or Digital Radio Transmission by the Railroads??? K 04-07-2011 - 14:34
  Re: Analog or Digital Radio Transmission by the Railroads??? OldPoleBurner 04-07-2011 - 10:12
  Re: Analog or Digital Radio Transmission by the Railroads??? Trucker 04-07-2011 - 11:25
  Re: Analog or Digital Radio Transmission by the Railroads??? OldPoleBurner 04-07-2011 - 14:40
  Re: Analog or Digital Radio Transmission by the Railroads??? Fed up Engineer 04-08-2011 - 09:01
  Re: Analog or Digital Radio Transmission by the Railroads??? crmeatball 04-08-2011 - 16:53
  Re: Analog or Digital Radio Transmission by the Railroads??? Tucker 04-08-2011 - 11:45
  Re: Analog or Digital Radio Transmission by the Railroads??? fkrock 04-08-2011 - 19:04
  Re: Analog or Digital Radio Transmission by the Railroads??? OldPoleBurner 04-09-2011 - 10:26

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com