Re: SOW Dinner Train
Author: Mike
Date: 08-06-2007 - 01:13

Well, this isnt anything new to anyone familiar with the tracks from Freighthouse Square out to Fredrickson...

I just wonder if the guy at the top of Tacoma Hill was on his elevated deck in his bath towel waving to the people as the train went by.... He did this when MRSR ran the Tacoma Rail Days a few years ago in May... and he dropped his towel.

Seriously though, the view on this route is not scenic in my opinion from FHS out to say Hwy 512. Once they go east of Fredrickson I hear it is better (I havent ridden out there).

I do remember seeing the homeless people underneath the McKinley St Bridge toasting the train as we went by and the many, many junkyards in backyards of homes, etc.; including the one that must have had 200 airplane seats and assorted airplane parts.

My prediction is that ridership will be 50% of what they get in Renton and after 10 months, the "trial run" will be history. The SOW will then have their new Snohomish Depot ready and back North they go.

So enjoy it in Tacoma while you can.

BTW, I wonder if all the "dignataries" (i.e. Tacoma City Council Members) who rode the lunch run on Friday will turn in their "per diem" for riding the train. Did we taxpayers in Tacoma/Pierce County pay for them to have lunch?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  SOW Dinner Train Brian 08-04-2007 - 11:14
  SOW Dinner Train Dick Seelye 08-04-2007 - 18:28
  Re: SOW Dinner Train Mike 08-06-2007 - 01:13
  Re: SOW Dinner Train Donovan Gray 08-06-2007 - 14:16
  Re: SOW Dinner Train PC Railfan 08-06-2007 - 14:34
  Re: SOW Dinner Train GNGoat 08-07-2007 - 01:15
  Re: SOW Dinner Train TE Tim 08-07-2007 - 14:46

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com