Re: "I acquired this bell in San Mateo County, not to far from the old SP depot in Burlingame"
Author: Bill Holmes
Date: 07-14-2011 - 06:54

That guy is a real schizer and I'd watch out for him. He's had that bell for sale for forever. First he had it for sale for $1500, then $2000, now it's $1700. I tried to buy it when it was $1500 and he wouldn't sell it to me because he said it was worth $4000 because some other bell on Ebay sold for that much. Before he said it came off an SP engine near Eureka. Now he says Burlingame. I'm sure whoever bids on that bell is in for a real surprise when he tries to squeeze more money out of the buyer.

He really doesn't know the value of railroad hardware. Just because some other thing sold for a ton of money doesn't mean YOUR item is the same and is worth that much.

Also, that doesn't look like an SP bell. The finial is from someone else but something else is telling me non-SP.

Bill

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  "I acquired this bell in San Mateo County, not to far from the old SP depot in Burlingame" DelMonte 07-14-2011 - 00:44
  Re: "I acquired this bell in San Mateo County, not to far from the old SP depot in Burlingame" Tom Moungovan 07-14-2011 - 06:28
  Re: "I acquired this bell in San Mateo County, not to far from the old SP depot in Burlingame" Bill Holmes 07-14-2011 - 06:54
  Re: "I acquired this bell in San Mateo County, not to far from the old SP depot in Burlingame" Observer 07-14-2011 - 08:17
  Re: "I acquired this bell in San Mateo County, not to far from the old SP depot in Burlingame" BOB R 07-14-2011 - 15:09
  Re: "I acquired this bell in San Mateo County, not to far from the old SP depot in Burlingame" Bill Holmes 07-16-2011 - 09:45

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com