Re: Tillamook scrapping----BA&P scrapping???
Author: SP5103
Date: 07-28-2011 - 18:54

Tillamook has no expectations to resume service. I believe they applied for a discontinuance of service between the Port and to of the mountain on Cochran. I think they sold some of the line to Portland and Western to allow them to access Banks, and Banks to Cochran was used for some car storage. There was some mention about building a transload at Buxton, but I don't think there is any actuall work towards this. The Port has the right to scrap anything they want, as long as the mainline is not removed (which would require abandonment through STB). It may be cheaper for the Port to ignore to damaged part of the line than try to abandon and salvage it.

Patriot Rail bought Rarus and renamed it BA&P. Rarus had a surplus of locomotives, the extra ones were transferred by Patriot to their other operations. The shops area had stood still in time, with an amazing amount of old equipment still around. I know OERM got some things out of there. Patriot Rail was founded by those formerly involved in RailAmerica. They are strictly an investment company, and have far more interest in the almighty dollar than retaining any rail heritage. The BA&P is a dying railroad, so don't be surprised if a two engine shack is built somewhere, the shops are leveled and sold for the real estate (assuming enviromental concerns aren't an issue).

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Tillamook scrapping----BA&P scrapping??? Ron Maki 07-27-2011 - 22:53
  Re: Tillamook scrapping----BA&P scrapping??? Drew Jacksich 07-28-2011 - 08:56
  Re: Tillamook scrapping----BA&P scrapping??? Rich Hunn 07-28-2011 - 16:35
  Re: Tillamook scrapping----BA&P scrapping??? SP5103 07-28-2011 - 18:54
  Re: Tillamook scrapping----BA&P scrapping??? Erik H. 07-29-2011 - 12:44

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com