Jeffrey Barker leaving CA HSR Authority
Author: Jon
Date: 07-29-2011 - 09:30

Jeffrey Barker leaving High-Speed Rail Authority

The Sacramento Bee
Posted by David Siders
July 29, 2011
Article | Reader Comments

Jeffrey Barker, executive officer for communications, policy and public outreach at the California High-Speed Rail Authority, is leaving the embattled agency.

The move comes as Gov. Jerry Brown, a Democrat, continues to recast the administration. Barker, a Republican, was appointed by Republican Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and was an aide to Schwarzenegger before joining the Rail Authority.

Barker said he expects to work through next week.

The state's effort to build a high speed rail system connecting Los Angeles and San Francisco has come under increased scrutiny in recent months, with questions about ridership and cost projections.

Barker's departure follows the resignation from the Rail Authority board of Curt Pringle, the former Assembly speaker and Anaheim mayor.

Barker said in a letter that he is proud of the Rail Authority's work and will continue to advocate for high speed rail.

"I'd always planned to stay at the Authority for a year or a bit more, and so after about two full years, I am leaving the employ of the state to pursue other endeavors - back to my writing and communications strategy roots that have taken a backseat while I served the public in an executive management role at the Authority," Barker said in a letter.

Fair Use Disclaimer

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Jeffrey Barker leaving CA HSR Authority Jon 07-29-2011 - 09:30
  Re: Jeffrey Barker leaving CA HSR Authority BOB2 07-29-2011 - 11:58
  Re: Jeffrey Barker leaving CA HSR Authority Drew Jacksich 07-29-2011 - 12:05

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com