Re: Prince Gorge BC newspaper article in today's news
Author: jbucknell
Date: 08-13-2007 - 15:16

I would conclude that the train in question was under remote control operation. The initial pictures I saw showed 2 GP9's with a slug in between off the tracks. Those would units involved in yard switching, not mainline running. That would concer with the comment in the article about employees being positioned at the leading end of the movement. Thus, it would be not out of the ordinary for some cars to not have had their brakes hooked up and active if it was involved in shuffling cars. I imagine to an extent, the order to limit train lengths will put a bit of a damper on the efficiency of the switching. Don't know that having all the brakes hooked up and working would have helped. It appears the operator did not have a proper view of the leading end of the train and it ended up sideswiping a passing train.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Prince Gorge BC newspaper article in today's news Dick Seelye 08-12-2007 - 22:53
  Re: Prince Gorge BC newspaper article in today's news jbucknell 08-13-2007 - 15:16
  Re: Prince Gorge BC newspaper article in today's news almo 08-13-2007 - 23:00

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com