Did you hear about that thing in Iowa? Train Festival
Author: Mitch
Date: 08-15-2011 - 13:12

I did a search on Altamont Press and found no references to this years Train Festival in Iowa.

Thought you might enjoy a few of my best shots from my weekend visit featuring the CB&Q Nebraska Zephyr and newly "Americanized" QJ 2-10-2 #6988:

The Nebraska Zephyr on the main line in storm light

CB&Q's famed E-5: "Silver Pilot"

Iowa Interstate's Americanized QJ - the pan

An "American" QJ in Davenport, IA

QJ #6988 at speed, heading back to Newton, IA

It was a tough weekend to be sure! Clouds,rain and near complete overcast skies between, but there were a few opportunities to be had - assuming you could catch up to any of the excursions - most which required interstate leap frogging. I was happy to see the Zephyr outside the Museum grounds - she looked stunning! The "Americanized" QJ looked surprisingly good too. One would think they "had" to do the engine up like that if it were to be safe in the vicinity of the John Deere plant, lol.

Hope you enjoyed!

/Mitch

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Did you hear about that thing in Iowa? Train Festival Mitch 08-15-2011 - 13:12
  Re: Did you hear about that thing in Iowa? Train Festival Margaret (SP fan) 08-15-2011 - 16:06
  Re: Did you hear about that thing in Iowa? Train Festival John West 08-15-2011 - 20:10
  Re: Did you hear about that thing in Iowa? Train Festival Mitch 08-15-2011 - 21:16
  Re: Did you hear about that thing in Iowa? Train Festival smitty195 08-15-2011 - 21:26
  Re: Did you hear about that thing in Iowa? Train Festival Mitch 08-15-2011 - 22:14
  Re: Did you hear about that thing in Iowa? Train Festival Drew Jacksich 08-15-2011 - 23:28
  Re: Did you hear about that thing in Iowa? Train Festival Sam Harley 08-16-2011 - 06:14
  Re: Did you hear about that thing in Iowa? Train Festival Bag of Wind 08-16-2011 - 19:24
  Re: Did you hear about that thing in Iowa? Train Festival Ken Martin 08-17-2011 - 22:33

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com