Re: Grand Canyon Depot, Evening of October 1st, 2005
Author: Drew Jacksich
Date: 09-07-2011 - 16:57

This trip was operated by the railroad itself but, as I recall, it was on very short notice. I think the advertising for it came out only three or four weeks before the trip itself. The passenger count was less than sixty. There were four "subs", several freight cars, and the just restored ATSF caboose. We were allowed to use all of the passenger cars so the was plenty of room. Most of the passengers were railfans from the West.

The train was "remade" several times so both engines led passenger and freight, sometimes alone and sometimes double headed so we had several different set ups.

As for horses---the only horses I saw at the canyon were the horses ass guys in flat-brimmed hats and NPS badges and "NO" stamped on their forehead.

[www.railpictures.net]

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Grand Canyon Depot, Evening of October 1st, 2005 Drew Jacksich 09-06-2011 - 22:57
  Re: Grand Canyon Depot, Evening of October 1st, 2005 Espee99 09-07-2011 - 06:12
  Re: Grand Canyon Depot, Evening of October 1st, 2005 Mitch 09-07-2011 - 13:28
  Re: Grand Canyon Depot, Evening of October 1st, 2005 Drew Jacksich 09-07-2011 - 16:57
  Re: Grand Canyon Depot, Evening of October 1st, 2005 Mitch 09-07-2011 - 17:29
  Re: Grand Canyon Depot, Evening of October 1st, 2005 Drew Jacksich 09-07-2011 - 17:54

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com