Regarding photography on public right of way
Author: ex-BN
Date: 09-14-2011 - 08:08

Found this comment as a response to the 9/11/11 detention of a woman that was sitting on a plane next to men that used the bathroom too much. It doesn't have anything to do with RR photography but the circumstances are the same--taking photos from a roadway and getting hassled and threatened. The quote:

"As an amateur photographer, I was detained post 2003 because some off duty cop, fresh out of "Terrorism Training" reported me for being near a public roadway. Never identifying himself as a police officer, the man attempted to detain and restrain me until a uniformed officer in a patrol car arrived. The uniformed officer privately admitted that the other person was over-reacting. None the less, my information was taken and assumingly entered into Dick Cheney's secret database. "Thanks" to that fat off-duty SOB and his equally fat wife for the illegal searchin and seizure.

I was warned "not to take photographs near a public right of way in the future or further action would be taken". Say 'what'? Welcome to the New World and the New Millenium- I guess... sheesh!"

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Regarding photography on public right of way ex-BN 09-14-2011 - 08:08
  Re: Regarding photography on public right of way Tub 09-14-2011 - 09:52
  Re: Regarding photography on public right of way Ken Rattenne 09-14-2011 - 11:41
  Re: Regarding photography on public right of way Brent 09-14-2011 - 12:42
  Re: Regarding photography on public right of way mook 09-15-2011 - 09:29
  Or, in electic railway terms... Mike Stimpson 09-15-2011 - 10:10
  Re: Regarding photography on public right of way A Texan 09-15-2011 - 10:32
  Re: Regarding photography on public right of way dirtbag 09-15-2011 - 11:32
  Re: Regarding photography on public right of way Mike Swanson 09-18-2011 - 20:29

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com