Re: Brownsville-Everett Run
Author: almo
Date: 08-31-2007 - 23:31

A person I know helped put a bid on the new siding. Now that I think about it, I wonder how the #10 offramp/#91 onramp will fit two tracks into the tiny cavity of the ramp's retaining walls. It would be quite a chore to move walls to widen the cut. I will have to see what details his bid would have suggested. I think the siding will go from near the switch at the #99/#91 jct, north to about 68ave (coordinates). Seems about right for a siding at 11,000'.

On another note, the SFPR (South Fraser Perimeter Road) looks to be taking shape finally. There are houses and businesses being moved to create a wider path for the road extension. Hopefully there will be good views of CN"s Thornton yard all the way to 176st.

Also, the Golden Ears Bridge Project is taking shape in Port Kells. After visiting a vendor of mine, I wandered trackside to see what's up. The elevated roadway is starting to take place. What a far cry from the road system that was "adequate" to the standards of the Mimistry of Highways.

All thanks to the Olympic Games. None of this stuff would happen if it weren't for 2010 (except for the BNSF siding, that is).

almo

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Brownsville-Everett Run almo 08-29-2007 - 23:21
  Re: Brownsville-Everett Run Ross Hall 08-30-2007 - 17:21
  Re: Brownsville-Everett Run Bruce Bennett 08-30-2007 - 17:47
  Re: Brownsville-Everett Run Charley Chambers 08-31-2007 - 06:10
  Re: Brownsville-Everett Run Ross Hall 08-31-2007 - 16:48
  Re: Brownsville-Everett Run almo 08-31-2007 - 23:31
  Re: Brownsville-Everett Run Charley Chambers 09-02-2007 - 06:26
  Re: Brownsville-Everett Run almo 09-05-2007 - 21:16

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com