Re: Last Tracks Removed from Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Author: Bruce Kelly
Date: 11-02-2011 - 12:20

The brick building in question, at the northeast corner of 3rd and Lakeside, was indeed the NP station. For many years it was home to the Third Street Cantina, but now the station is doing business as the Las Palmitas restaurant. While SI, MILW, and GN came into downtown CdA more along its southwestern edge close to present-day Northwest Blvd, NP headed east near present-day Ironwood Drive (just south of I-90), crossed U.S. 95, then turned sharply south. NP's final approach past the depot involved street running on Third Street. Likewise, the MILW/GN track to the southeast side of CdA had street running on Front Street and Mullan Ave.

Freericks, I first came to CdA in 1984. I don't recall ever seeing a DQ-style business alongside the track near the lake. However, there was some kind of small bar & grille right there on the curve near the present-day resort clock tower, where Northwest Blvd turns into Sherman Ave. Might have been a DQ sign hanging there and I just didn't notice.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Last Tracks Removed from Coeur d'Alene, Idaho Bruce Kelly 11-02-2011 - 10:51
  Re: Last Tracks Removed from Coeur d'Alene, Idaho Freericks 11-02-2011 - 11:45
  Re: Last Tracks Removed from Coeur d'Alene, Idaho Jim 11-02-2011 - 11:55
  Re: Last Tracks Removed from Coeur d'Alene, Idaho Bruce Kelly 11-02-2011 - 12:20
  Re: Last Tracks Removed from Coeur d'Alene, Idaho Freericks 11-02-2011 - 12:27
  Re: Last Tracks Removed from Coeur d'Alene, Idaho Shannon 11-02-2011 - 18:37
  Re: Last Tracks Removed from Coeur d'Alene, Idaho Not Bruce 11-02-2011 - 23:30
  Re: Last Tracks Removed from Coeur d'Alene, Idaho TB 11-02-2011 - 21:30
  Re: Last Tracks Removed from Coeur d'Alene, Idaho Bruce Kelly 11-03-2011 - 11:56

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com