Re: NP North Coast Limited Video
Author: Steve Thompson
Date: 11-16-2011 - 05:02

Curtis,

The jazz is not exactly done by a group! It is part of the royalty free music that comes with Corel Video Studio 4.0 and is pretty much electronically produced. It will resize itself to fit the length of the cut or video, from a few seconds to hours!

Blimphangar,

I grew up in an NP family as well, Dad was a conductor working out of Tacoma. That was the only time I rode the NCL, but I traveled on 407 and 408 to Portland quite often, along with the other pool trains. It's a shame I never shot movies on any of those trips!

Movies were expensive, not very sharp and didn't have sound, so I really concentrated on b&w still photography and most of that was chasing the last of steam. This included Rayonier, MacMillan Blodell up on Vancouver Island, the forest museum at Duncan BC and Snoqualmie. There's some decent movies of the little 2-6-0 tank engine #17 and Weyerhauser #6 to get to yet.

I still have a variety of short clips of the NP's Portland Freight, Gate Local, Elma-Shelton job and others, to edit. There's even a nice short scene of a Geep dropping a tank car into a siding. Lots of folks have never seen a drop being made, so it will be fun to get that out for all to watch! Dad sometimes missed the focus pretty badly in the mid 60's, he needed glasses and didn't like to wear them, or there would be at least twice as much footage!

Steve

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  NP North Coast Limited Video Steve Thompson 11-15-2011 - 19:30
  Re: NP North Coast Limited Video Curtis R. Milburn 11-15-2011 - 21:17
  Re: NP North Coast Limited Video blimphangar 11-15-2011 - 23:13
  Re: NP North Coast Limited Video Steve Thompson 11-16-2011 - 05:02
  Re: NP North Coast Limited Video Tom Moungovan 11-16-2011 - 06:48
  Re: NP North Coast Limited Video ron 11-16-2011 - 07:40

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com