Let's Try Again - 2012 Railroads of Montana Calendar Free Download Ready Now
Author: Dale Jones
Date: 12-09-2011 - 05:25

Let's try this again....I'd like to announce to all on the Altamont Discussion Board -
the free download of my 2012 Railroads of Montana calendar

I apologize for the trouble I had with my old web service provider
I now have nearly unlimited bandwidth…..so hopefully everyone should be able to download the calendar now

Follow the link below:

[www.railroads-of-montana.com]

And click on the 2012 Railroads of Montana Calendar at the Home Page

This will take you to the 2012 Railroads of Montana page.

Click on the - Adobe .pdf File - 2012 Railroads of Montana.

This is about a 10-meg file – so…if you don’t have High-Speed Internet, it may take a while to download.

As always the calendar is loaded with dozens of historical happenings in Montana railroad history along with logos of many of the railroads that served the Big Sky State

Here’s the sales pitch – if you haven’t purchased my Great Northern's Kettle Falls, Washington Branch book DVD – now’s your chance. I’m having a sale from now until January 3, 2012 - 19.95 including free shipping in the United States - see order page for Canada & International shipping

Anyway - below is a caption list of the photos in this year’s free Railroads of Montana calendar.

Hopefully there may be some of interest those in the Altamont Discussion Forum

JANUARY - Winter of 1997 finds Burlington Northern SD40-2 8068 westbound from Billings to Great Falls at Hobson with a welded rail on old Great Northern [Billings & Northern] track built in 1908

FEBRUARY - After cresting False Summit on Marias Pass BNSF Dash9-44CW 1039 and four other leased General Electric units struggle uphill with a westbound grain train just east of Summit

MARCH - Empire Builder Jim Hill’s Great Northern Railway reached Plentywood in 1910, after having arrived from Scobey, this eastbound Burlington Northern Santa Fe grain train will soon depart for the mainline at Bainville

APRIL - Montana Western GP-9 202 built in 1956 and Nu-West switcher SW-1 from Soda Springs, Idaho are awaiting repair work at the historic Butte, Anaconda & Pacific -Rarus roundhouse in Anaconda

MAY - Running through the neighborhood’s of Lewistown on old Milwaukee Road tracks
Burlington Northern GP39E 2745 passes flowering fruit trees in the Spring of 1997

JUNE - American Orient Express -Montana Special - with Amtrak 56 arrives in Belton
for Glacier National Park at 9:59 AM with 16-cars on a lovely June morning in 2001

JULY - Even though the sound of trains on the Milwaukee Road’s Winnett Branch have been silentsince 1972, the bluebirds sing at MP37 during a1998 Summer afternoon rainbow display

AUGUST - Purchased in 1950 from a canceled order of electric motors to Russia, Milwaukee Road Little Joe E-75 awaits a helper to attack Pipestone Pass in the Summer of 1970

SEPTEMBER - Central Montana Rail’s GP-9 1810, former BN 1810 -GN 658 - leads an eastboundtrain from Geraldine to Denton at Pownal near the Horseshoe Curve up to Arrow Creek

OCTOBER - Milwaukee Road coal-fired 4-8-4 261 leads the 1998 Burlington Northern Santa Fe- Employees Special eastbound along the Yellowstone River on former Northern Pacific rails

NOVEMBER - Morrison-Knudsen Alco – Century- 636-3 5403 pulling a ballast train eastbound under the Forest Service bridge at Rock Creek on the Great Northern’s Flathead Tunnel - Libby Dam line change on October 24, 1970

DECEMBER -Three -Big Power- EMD -General Motors - locomotives awaiting coal train assignments at BNSF’s Glendive Shops leased SD60 9059 and SD60M 9235 with the newest addition to the power fleet, SD70MAC 9997 in 1998

Talk to ya later,
Dale Jones

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Let's Try Again - 2012 Railroads of Montana Calendar Free Download Ready Now Dale Jones 12-09-2011 - 05:25

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com