Re: Railroad Newsline for Saturday, 09/08/07
Author: Q
Date: 09-08-2007 - 14:59

"UPRR HAS NO EXPLANATION FOR RAVINIA TRAIN NO-SHOW"

Amid hundreds of customer complaints about service in general they just forgot to even run a contracted train at all? Astounding! And the Utterly Pathetic private enterprise railroad has no explaination?

But then, "Why are we so surprised"? I'll bet some railfan that UPRR didn't want watching and recording - even from a public place, saw and knows the real reason. Could well be they just didn't want to - just like everywhere else! - Or maybe - Just Because!

I guess we (the US Gov't) can't make them run their even own trains any better than we can make them run Amtrak's. So much for the notion that passenger trains would be run better by private enterprise rather than Amtrak. Pres. Bush are you listening!

The Gov't run highway system runs scads better than this. Cancel the UP contract, eminent domain the rails, and make UPRR the tenant - especially if one thin dime of public money is to be spent on the railroad r.o.w.... Already has been spent!

Ya I know - I've been accused of being a pinko commy before - same day as someone else refered to me as right wing, as I recall. Big deal! But if private enterprise refuses to do a certain task, such as run rail passenger services, or small carload shipments, or even large freight hauls less than 1500 miles (they've given all that up, and more); then who else will - but the public itself, as it does resonably well in the highway system.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Railroad Newsline for Saturday, 09/08/07 Larry W. Grant 09-07-2007 - 20:29
  Re: Railroad Newsline for Saturday, 09/08/07 Q 09-08-2007 - 14:59

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com