UP/SP Merger 11 Anniversary Today, 9-11-07!
Author: Mistertower
Date: 09-11-2007 - 17:43

Well folks, today was the 11 anniversary of the UP/SP merger. So to celebrate this important anniversary, I took out a bunch of pictures I took of the SP and it's former operations in Southern California from the 1980's looked at them while listing to the song "The Ballard Of Southern Pacific". I had planned to go out and watch some rail activity, but the area I'm in, it rained most of the day and so the lighting would have been horrible for pictures. Last year on this date to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of this merger, I went to Chicago and rode a round trip on a set of UP (Metra) Commuter trains to Elburn and Crystal Lake, although this territory never had anything to do with the old SP. Of course, yep, you guessed it, it rained most of this day 10 years ago everywhere I went in the Chicago Area. So lets hear from you railfans out there what you did to celebrate this very important anniversary!

And I quote my co-worker Mike, "307, John boy (307's engineer) you look good by the Tower, your markers are lit, and I'm over!"

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  UP/SP Merger 11 Anniversary Today, 9-11-07! Mistertower 09-11-2007 - 17:43
  Re: UP/SP Merger 11 Anniversary Today, 9-11-07! Tony 09-12-2007 - 11:45
  Re: UP/SP Merger 11 Anniversary Today, 9-11-07! Craig Tambo 09-12-2007 - 18:35
  Re: UP/SP Merger 11 Anniversary Today, 9-11-07! Jeff 09-13-2007 - 03:40

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com