Re: The Odd Pale Orange Colored BNSF Dash 9 Locomotive 4472 Question???
Author: almo
Date: 09-15-2007 - 00:12

They're known in these parts as "peaches", but I like the similarity to the pumpkin nickname being called squashes.

I have seen these all over the system, and even as early as 2002. You would think that a "warranty issue" over paint defects would be fixed ASAP. It's not reletive to performance, but the locomotive's appearance does play a part in it's first impression. What BNSF number series was affected in this bad batch of paint? Also, what percentage is currently waiting for a repaint to fix this matter?

Any other railroad ever had this problem? The only other paint issue that I can recall is on Dodge vehicles (mostly 1998 models) that would get "sunburn" on the hoods and bumpers, that is, the paint would peel like an orange and take the primer off with it too.

almo

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  The Odd Pale Orange Colored BNSF Dash 9 Locomotive 4472 Question??? Coleman Randall 09-13-2007 - 21:48
  Re: The Odd Pale Orange Colored BNSF Dash 9 Locomotive 4472 Question??? George Andrews 09-13-2007 - 22:04
  Re: The Odd Pale Orange Colored BNSF Dash 9 Locomotive 4472 Question??? almo 09-15-2007 - 00:12
  Re: The Odd Pale Orange Colored BNSF Dash 9 Locomotive 4472 Question??? Art workman 09-15-2007 - 08:44
  Re: The Odd Pale Orange Colored BNSF Dash 9 Locomotive 4472 Question??? George Andrews 09-15-2007 - 09:53

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com