Re: Racing Across the Causeway Drew
Date: 03-03-2012 - 19:55
Much of the Pacific Surf Line is reverse-signalled as well. Here's my experiences from railfanning Mission Viejo:
Case #1: Two Deadheads on a Sunday Night
1. AMTK 592 comes in on MT #2, same as always.
2. SCRRA Holiday train diverges onto Main #1 at Avery, and is facing an Approach Diverging at Crown. Shortly thereafter, at Solow the train diverges back to Main #2.
3. Following closely, after 592 departed, is Amtrak Deadhead #935, the museum train. It blasts through on Main 1.
4. A BNSF Autoracker enters the station on the #1 Main Track headed southbound, re-entering the main at Avery.
Case #2: Weekend Traffic and the M-BARSDG
1. While aboard SCAX #664 headed home, we were issued an approach diverging at Tinkham. The train diverged at Bake and overtook a freight train, the M-BARSDG, at Solow.
2. After 664 departed the station, the M-BARSDG pulled up to the signals at Avery.
3. Amtrak #784 slides past on the #1 main track. The M-BARSDG departs about ten minutes later.