SP Linden Branch Line
Author: jed747
Date: 03-05-2012 - 14:32

Hello, maybe someone out there can answer this question for me.

For the past six or more years I have been attending a charity event for Mended Hearts in the small rural city of Linden, outside Stockton. I have noticed that on what is the backside of the main street, but in all likelyhood was at one time the main street are railroad tracks. Once outside the city traveling West, you can't really find any of the old right fo way, it appears to have reverted back to farm land. Last night at the event I asked a few of the old timers about the train tracks but no one could really tell me anything about them. Are these old SP tracks from a branch that ran to Linden. If so when was the last train and how much furhter past Linden did the tracks go? What were some of the businesses that were served by this branch? Were there or are thiere any stations still surviving on the line? Any information will be appreciated. Thank you and have a nice day......John

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  SP Linden Branch Line jed747 03-05-2012 - 14:32
  Re: SP Linden Branch Line Richard Elgenson 03-05-2012 - 15:25
  Re: SP Linden Branch Line Mike Hawk 03-05-2012 - 16:00
  Re: SP Linden Branch Line 93exn 03-05-2012 - 16:08

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com