Re: A Full Moon, Five Light Bulbs, and Some Trolley Wire
Author: Butler
Date: 03-09-2012 - 06:38

Marty - I have always enjoyed your OEM pictures that you have posted here. Keep them coming.

As one who has always been cautious around electricity, I would suggest that one should test each bulb with an ohm meter, or test the whole series of 5 for circuit continuity before hooking it up to the trolley wire. If it is semi-permanently connected and the bulbs are clear, you should be able to see the filament in each light to determine if it is burned out. Any doubt at all, CHANGE THE BULB.

I recall once seeing a sign in the Milwaukee's Deer Lodge MT shop: "Those who know electricity best respect it the most". Good advice. The MILW was 3,000 volts DC, later boosted to 3,300 volts.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  A Full Moon, Five Light Bulbs, and Som Trolley Wire Marty Bernard 03-08-2012 - 18:43
  Re: A Full Moon, Five Light Bulbs, and Som Trolley Wire Severe Duty 03-09-2012 - 06:28
  Re: A Full Moon, Five Light Bulbs, and Some Trolley Wire Butler 03-09-2012 - 06:38
  Re: A Full Moon, Five Light Bulbs, and Some Trolley Wire Marty Bernard 03-09-2012 - 08:17

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com