Re: Railroad Acheology Re The ATSF Fallbrook Branch
Author: ken Scott
Date: 03-27-2012 - 18:29

nk it was the high school)The question asked was: What customers were on this line? I ventured up to Fullbrook in 1961 or 1962. The City of Fullbrook had a station and several packing houses to the south (west?) of the station. The track came out of Camp Penalton, crossed to the east of the street and continued parallel to the street northward several blocks where the packing houses were located. The station was about another block before the tracks then turned east and then curved north at the north boundery of the high school (I think it was the high school). However, the track may have extended about 200 yards and then stopped. As I remembered, the packing houses looked like they were closed and unused. I assume that everyone knows that Fullbrook is and has been one of California's largest avocado producer regions. But I would assume that the Navy and Marines were ATSF's main customers since Marine Corp ammuntion storage areas are near by. Also, as I remember, the station was very simular in design and construction to the current standing Del Mar station. Hope this helps.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Railroad Acheology Re The ATSF Fallbrook Branch California Southern Fan 03-27-2012 - 15:46
  Re: Railroad Acheology Re The ATSF Fallbrook Branch Tim 03-27-2012 - 17:31
  Re: Railroad Acheology Re The ATSF Fallbrook Branch Graham Buxton 03-27-2012 - 18:01
  Re: Railroad Acheology Re The ATSF Fallbrook Branch Rich Hunn 03-27-2012 - 18:30
  Re: Railroad Acheology Re The ATSF Fallbrook Branch 1stcajon 03-27-2012 - 20:08
  Re: Railroad Acheology Re The ATSF Fallbrook Branch ken Scott 03-27-2012 - 18:29
  Re: Railroad Acheology Re The ATSF Fallbrook Branch Rich Hunn 03-27-2012 - 18:32
  Re: Railroad Acheology Re The ATSF Fallbrook Branch Berg 03-28-2012 - 10:02
  Re: The ATSF Fallbrook Branch 132' =2.5% Berg 03-28-2012 - 12:26
  Coordinates Pdxrailtransit 03-28-2012 - 16:14

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com