Additional related question regarding the SP E and F units on display at the Safeway wherehouse in the 1970's
Author: Coleman Randall
Date: 10-08-2007 - 08:16

I noticed recently that when I rode the Amtrak San Juoquin from Sacramento to Bakersfield that there appeared to be a facility where some railroad passenger equipment (inclusive of Amtrak California Cars) was being stored along the UP (ex-SP) Fresno line between the Folsom Boulevard undercrossing and the Proctor and Gamble plant out in the East Sacramento area fairly near where the Safeway wherehouse was. Does this facility serve any railroad related purpose?

Also, I can recall that about 1972 my Dad and I found a Union Pacific Steam Switch locomotive # 4466 randomly parked right along the main line of the Cal-P tracks between Haggin Junction and Elvas Wye right on the north side of the central core area of Sacramento. Unfortunately, though a railroad police officer can along and requested that we get of it and conclude our photo session on it though.

Another interesting observance was that I noticed where all though old SP gray colored baggage cars parked by the Sacramento Amtrak Station about 1975. Whatever happened to them?

Has it been common for the railroad the randomly park special equipment at lesser known places away from railroad yards for security reasons to protect the historic equipment from being found by unscrupulous trespassers or where there other reasons involved?

Any other known random run ins that some of you might have had with historic railroad equipment parked along or near the railroad tracks?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Coleman Randall The SP E and F units on display at th 10-06-2007 - 08:02
  Re: Coleman Randall Craig Tambo 10-06-2007 - 09:33
  Re: Coleman Randall Mike C 10-06-2007 - 10:14
  Re: Coleman Randall Rich Hunn 10-06-2007 - 14:25
  Additional related question regarding the SP E and F units on display at the Safeway wherehouse in the 1970's Coleman Randall 10-08-2007 - 08:16
  Re: Additional related question regarding the SP E and F units on display at the Safeway wherehouse in the 1970's Bill C 10-08-2007 - 10:26
  Re: Additional related question regarding the SP E and F units on display at the Safeway wherehouse in the 1970's WAF 10-08-2007 - 11:22
  Re: Additional related question regarding the SP E and F units on display at the Safeway wherehouse in the 1970's Mike C 10-08-2007 - 15:53
  Re: Additional related question regarding the SP E and F units on display at the Safeway wherehouse in the 1970's mikeb 10-08-2007 - 17:33
  Re: Additional related question regarding the SP E and F units on display at the Safeway wherehouse in the 1970's P. Diurni 10-09-2007 - 06:55
  Re: Additional related question regarding the SP E and F units on display at the Safeway wherehouse in the 1970's Craig Tambo 10-09-2007 - 20:45
  Re: Additional related question regarding the SP E and F units on display at the Safeway wherehouse in the 1970's Auburn Al 10-10-2007 - 12:33
  Re: Additional related question regarding the SP E and F units on display at the Safeway wherehouse in the 1970's Craig Tambo 10-10-2007 - 16:27
  Re: Additional related question regarding the SP E and F units on display at the Safeway wherehouse in the 1970's Coleman Randall 10-11-2007 - 12:17

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com