Offerings from this ancient one
Author: Dick Seelye
Date: 10-15-2007 - 22:21

First: I'm delighted at the reaction to the colors. This discussion won't stop - ever.

Second: Consider ignoring the _ _ _ _ street signs. Follow the only branch (single track) off of the balloon loop.

Third: Your choice - follow the track or follow the trolley wire. My business for many years was trolley wire and trolley car tracks, so my head bobs up and down.

If you find the KABOOM COFFEE SHOP, the carbarn is next-door, almost.
The coffee shop carries the SLUT tee shirts. May be on back order, again. Selling well. The two fellows deserve our support. They also sell coffee. They have re-invented the ultimate hole-in-the-wall.

The red car (presumably number one) is, or was, inside the "barn", minimally visible.
The purple car has a number 3 sticker on the end close to the portable fence.

The trolley wire is not energized. The contractor, Mass Electric, is alignment testing of the wire with a pantograph on an elevator on a wagon with four flanged steel wheels and two rubber tires, towed by a high-rail-equipped crew truck. Flashing-light trucks, fore and aft. At walking speed.

After this testing , a Metro Transit line crew will install the streetcar crossings of the trolley coach wire. Compare what you see with the many examples on and near Market Street. I participated in that design.

To make up for deleting the First Hill stop from the light-rail line to the North, they have penciled in a streetcar line from downtown to First Hill (aka Pill Hill) and then to the Broadway District. I probably won't live long enough.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  South Lake Union Trolley, Seattle Dick Seelye 10-14-2007 - 21:28
  Re: South Lake Union Trolley, Seattle Mike Swanson 10-15-2007 - 18:14
  Re: South Lake Union Trolley, Seattle George Andrews 10-15-2007 - 18:31
  Re: South Lake Union Trolley, Seattle mark peterson 10-15-2007 - 19:59
  Re: South Lake Union Trolley, Seattle Mike Swanson 10-15-2007 - 20:08
  Offerings from this ancient one Dick Seelye 10-15-2007 - 22:21
  Correction to 22:21 letter Dick Seelye 10-16-2007 - 00:00
  Re: Correction to 22:21 letter Cain Rock Yardmaster 10-16-2007 - 07:15

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com