Re: Terrified Caltrain passengers forced to jump out of way of train
Author: Jeff Sloan
Date: 09-16-2012 - 08:25

"I read about that Davis incident in the old FLIMSIES print Railfan Newletter .
This happened just PRIOR to the internet era -- just Barely prior to the wild popularity of the internet.
I do hope again that this post of mine helps to jog some memories. "

Flimsies! Cool, my father started that fine publication. Yesterday was his Birthday. Happy Birthday Dad!

Keeping it on topic, I remember reading several tweets from passengers on 8/24 who had literally just gotten out of the way of the second train at SSF.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Terrified Caltrain passengers forced to jump out of way of train Howard 09-15-2012 - 04:50
  Re: Terrified Caltrain passengers forced to jump out of way of train Not Surprised 09-15-2012 - 13:02
  Re: Terrified Caltrain passengers forced to jump out of way of train Severe Duty 09-15-2012 - 13:57
  Re: Terrified Caltrain passengers forced to jump out of way of train Graham Buxton 09-15-2012 - 14:05
  Re: Terrified Caltrain passengers forced to jump out of way of train Margaret (SP fan) 09-15-2012 - 14:20
  Re: Terrified Caltrain passengers forced to jump out of way of train Cowtrain 09-15-2012 - 19:44
  Re: Terrified Caltrain passengers forced to jump out of way of train daniel3197 09-15-2012 - 14:49
  Re: Terrified Caltrain passengers forced to jump out of way of train Jeff Sloan 09-16-2012 - 08:25
  Re: Terrified Caltrain passengers forced to jump out of way of train Severe Duty 09-16-2012 - 11:52

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com