Re: Speaking of Eating Big Birds?
Author: BOB2
Date: 11-07-2012 - 10:50

Yes, it is time to eat that "big bird" again.

Thanksgiving will soon be here, and so will Amtrak. It will be under a local authority in the LOSSAN corridor after the first of the year, like the Capitols.

Sacred cows, sacrificial lambs, and turkey's aside, this election is over, already. And, there are a few folks who are both good Republicans and supporters of rail passenger service, and even "Amtrak".

Then there are the loons, crooks, and liars, without regard to party labels, some of whom may even become Chairmen, the kind of folks who run for office, get elected, and will do anything for a buck, even sell you out.

Life's short, so shortly I will need to suck up to both types again, and get my work done.

It's time to get on with real life again. It's time to get ready for Thanksgiving, with what I predict will be a new, record rail ridership over Thanksgiving weekend.

Now that all of the pure political crazy is over, I can go back to work with that hand full of the sane people who try to get a few real things done, like reforming the High Speed program and developing a first world rail passenger system for America. Just because we deserve one.

Although, after so much of an overdose of pandering to the crazy, some of the real loonies heads do appear to be actually exploding over what's happened, in the very next thread.......?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Won't have to take that "last" Amtrak trip now. Pdxrailtransit 11-07-2012 - 07:05
  Re: Won't have to take that "last" Amtrak trip now. Drew Jacksich 11-07-2012 - 08:12
  Re: Won't have to take that "last" Amtrak trip now. Carnivore 11-07-2012 - 08:43
  Re: Won't have to take that "last" Amtrak trip now. Espee99 11-07-2012 - 09:59
  Re: Won't have to take that "last" Amtrak trip now. On the block to fund HSR. dsa 11-07-2012 - 17:15
  Re: Won't have to take that "last" Amtrak trip now Coal Slaw 11-07-2012 - 19:09
  Re: Speaking of Eating Big Birds? BOB2 11-07-2012 - 10:50
  Re: Speaking of Eating Big Birds? David Smith 11-07-2012 - 18:08
  Re: Speaking of Eating Big Birds? smitty195 11-07-2012 - 19:31
  Re: Speaking of Eating Big Birds? Coal Slaw 11-07-2012 - 20:31
  Re: Speaking of Eating Big Birds? OldPoleBurner 11-07-2012 - 21:45

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com