Re: WOW Ineresting Reaction to Info related to the Midland, TX, grade crossing collision
Author: BOB2
Date: 11-22-2012 - 09:45

The reaction to OPRRMS's information from some is interesting.

My question to Peter D is: Do you always let culpable parties who've caused losses to you or others off the hook? Do you believe that irresponsible people should not be held liable for their action? Do you look at facts at all, or just come to conclusions by random association?

The fact that a lawsuit has been filed is not strange given the circumstances of this incident. But, telling folks that this is somehow wrong to sue anyone or that someone is blaming the railroad, or just the railroad, is not born out by the facts, as presented, thus far.

There appear to have been in Midland serious mistakes in judgement that occurred, by possibly serveral parties on the scene, that contributed to the death and injury of others. We have a system of tort lw that hold those responsible accountable. The railroad, thus far, shows no indication of culpability from the information presnted.

Unlike some, I will withhold judgement on responsibility until all the facts are in, then let our system of laws and a jury of twelve (so it's got a few people who will actually listern to the law, and the facts, rather than their own predjudice and emotions?) to decide who may be responsible.

Maybe it's just me, but I prefer our American way of settling these things through our "flawed" legal system, versus adopting a fascistic or communistic system, which holds no one accountable for their irresponsible actions, which may injure and deprive individuals of their lives or property rights without the redress of due process.

Thanks, OPRRMS for your additional useful information.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Info related to the Midland, TX, grade crossing collision OPRRMS 11-20-2012 - 14:07
  Re: Info related to the Midland, TX, grade crossing collision J 11-21-2012 - 14:36
  Re: Info related to the Midland, TX, grade crossing collision Peter D. 11-21-2012 - 18:48
  Re: WOW Ineresting Reaction to Info related to the Midland, TX, grade crossing collision BOB2 11-22-2012 - 09:45
  Article: Midland group lacked parade permit OPRRMS 11-22-2012 - 10:47
  Re: Article: Midland group lacked parade permit/ BOB2 Peter D. 11-22-2012 - 12:15

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com