Re: Article: Midland group lacked parade permit/ BOB2
Author: Peter D.
Date: 11-22-2012 - 12:15

Hey BOB2. I'm not going to get into a slinging match with you. I read OPRRMS links on the inccident before I wrote the above comments. See, Chron, 2nd paragraph and 5th paragraph below single line. This is a fact written by the newspaper? Or not? Chicago Tribune: 9th paragraph-"He added.....". Video from San Antonio news release. Sight lines. If the lights were not flashing, one should at least look to see whats coming down the pike if anything before crossing in ANY vehicle. Thats COMMON sense. Especially with a truck and trailer rig.
How many You Tube videos have we watched that show just a bit of the trailer hanging over...? Thats all it takes... Ah. I stand by what I say. The driver of the rig should not have even made the attempt. RED Lights, no bells or silent horns, still mean STOP. No lights second (s) before red lights, isn't sight enough to say, "Maybe I should stay put."
If anything, the lawsuit should not be against the Railroad, but the U.S. Government. They are the ones who set the safty rules, which are as quoted, 20 seconds. So the railroad follows the rule handed down. Leave the legal stuff to another chat room please...

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Info related to the Midland, TX, grade crossing collision OPRRMS 11-20-2012 - 14:07
  Re: Info related to the Midland, TX, grade crossing collision J 11-21-2012 - 14:36
  Re: Info related to the Midland, TX, grade crossing collision Peter D. 11-21-2012 - 18:48
  Re: WOW Ineresting Reaction to Info related to the Midland, TX, grade crossing collision BOB2 11-22-2012 - 09:45
  Article: Midland group lacked parade permit OPRRMS 11-22-2012 - 10:47
  Re: Article: Midland group lacked parade permit/ BOB2 Peter D. 11-22-2012 - 12:15

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com