> and goings on down in Santa Cruz. Your pictures
> are always top notch. I wonder if anyone has ever
> asked you to be an offical spokesman for that
> line. Well I hope you and your family have a Nice
> Thanksgiving.
>
> Anthony Germano

Anthony

Thank you. From the start, three years ago, my goal has been to document the rail line as it transitioned from Union Pacific to Santa Cruz County (RTC) ownership. I think I captured every aspect and now others can read the threads to learn about the transition. The SCCRTC even plans to provide a link to my threads so residents can learn about the rail line they now own. It has been an enormous amount of work, but obviously a labor of love. For me, documenting the rail line has been a very rich and rewarding experience. I learned so much about railroading, bridges, tunnels, and met so many bright and interesting individuals working for the railroad, the RTC, and residents along the line. Very pleased I have been able to participate in the transition of the line and provide something useful for those looking back in the future.

Howard

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Iowa Pacific @ Santa Cruz – Sneak Peek Train For The Press Howard 11-22-2012 - 12:16
  Re: Iowa Pacific @ Santa Cruz – Sneak Peek Train For The Press Anthony Germano 11-22-2012 - 15:50
  Re: Iowa Pacific @ Santa Cruz – Sneak Peek Train For The Press Hutch 7.62 11-22-2012 - 16:28
  Re: Iowa Pacific @ Santa Cruz – Sneak Peek Train For The Press Margaret (SP fan) 11-22-2012 - 17:45
  @ Margaret Howard 11-23-2012 - 17:52
  Re: Iowa Pacific @ Santa Cruz – Sneak Peek Train For The Press TimRol Ex 11-22-2012 - 18:40
  Re: Iowa Pacific @ Santa Cruz – Sneak Peek Train For The Press Hutch 7.62 11-22-2012 - 20:10
  Re: Iowa Pacific @ Santa Cruz – Sneak Peek Train For The Press Tie Plate 11-23-2012 - 12:10
  Re: Iowa Pacific @ Santa Cruz – Sneak Peek Train For The Press deano 11-23-2012 - 14:39
  Re: Iowa Pacific @ Santa Cruz – Sneak Peek Train For The Press HUTCH 7.62 11-24-2012 - 13:35
  Re: Iowa Pacific @ Santa Cruz – Sneak Peek Train For The Press Brian Bergtold 11-24-2012 - 18:38
  Re: Iowa Pacific @ Santa Cruz – Sneak Peek Train For The Press MG42 11-27-2012 - 00:01
  @ Anthony Howard 11-23-2012 - 17:50
  Re: Iowa Pacific @ Santa Cruz – Sneak Peek Train For The Press AngryFoamer 11-23-2012 - 19:27

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com