Re: 5th St. and Highland Jct. Towers / Mike Root
Author: Steven D. Johnson
Date: 11-07-2007 - 10:33

Mike, Thanks for your reply. I was aware of the general location of Highland Jct., and have seen just one poorly enlarged digital print of the Jct. I knew that the Cross-Town Freeway (330 ?) roughly follows the alignment of the the Loop, from about just west of Del Rosa Ave. all the way westward 'til it parallels the main.

I'd really like to see some pix from Highland Jct. east (but wait, it's a loop...at what timetable point are we now moving west?!) all the way to Mentone. I've got one where the AT&SF crosses the P.E. Arrowhead Line, but have seen virtually nothing else. I'm trying to put together a comprehensive presentation of the Loop, and this section is quite lacking.

I grew up in the Del Rosa area, and our first house backed up to the ROW between Sterling and Arden (?). Later, as a Switchman, I've worked the Loop job up until it went R.C.O, and by that time I was back on the Valley Division. The last industry we worked was CLIC 403, a chicken feed mill in Redlands, which I believe is now closed. There was a street crossing there that has a box that the trainman can unlock to manually activate the gates. It had a SP-ATSF Adlake lock; the SP used to have a right of way adjacent to there. There is actually a fair amount of work on that line between San Berdoo and Loma Linda.

Thanks also to M. Harris for the CSRM tip...I'll check it out!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  5th St. and Highland Jct. Towers (San Bernardino, Calif.) Steven D. Johnson 11-06-2007 - 22:24
  Re: 5th St. and Highland Jct. Towers (San Bernardino, Calif.) Mike Root 11-07-2007 - 08:19
  Re: 5th St. and Highland Jct. Towers (San Bernardino, Calif.) M.Harris 11-07-2007 - 09:11
  Re: 5th St. and Highland Jct. Towers / Mike Root Steven D. Johnson 11-07-2007 - 10:33
  Re: 5th St. and Highland Jct. Towers / Mike Root George Andrews 11-07-2007 - 18:23
  Re: 5th St. and Highland Jct. Towers / Mike Root cajon 11-07-2007 - 19:02
  Re: 5th St. and Highland Jct. Towers / Mike Root Steven D. Johnson 11-07-2007 - 22:21
  Re: 5th St. and Highland Jct. Towers / Mike Root George Andrews 11-08-2007 - 19:22
  Re: 5th St. and Highland Jct. Towers / Mike Root Mike Lepker 11-13-2007 - 16:15
  Re: 5th St. and Highland Jct. Towers / Mike Root John Sweetser 11-13-2007 - 19:45
  Re: 5th St. and Highland Jct. Towers / Mike Root Steven D. Johnson 11-14-2007 - 07:07

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com