Paul Weyrich
Author: Dick Seelye
Date: 11-07-2007 - 22:30

This tale is convoluted. It includes electrified rail transit and it includes far-right Republican politics in these United States. You are welcome to punch out.

Paul Weyrich, and sidekick Bill Lind, own the The Free Congress Foundation, from their office in DC. Free Congress is financed by Bill Coors. Presumably with Coors' blessing, Paul and Bill also promote their other interest - in electrified rail transit, in all of it's facets. Their slick paper publication, called The New Electric Railway Journal (TNERJ), was published from the back room of an apartment on Chicago's northside. I regret that I've forgotten the publisher / writer's name. Had lunch with him at the best place in Chicago for elevated rapid transit action - the 90 degree crossing at the northwest corner of Chicago' Loop. (see if you can find it - eyeball level with the transit riders) Also present was (can't remember his name, either), GM of Chicago Transit Authority, and an advisor to HNTB, the designers of Seattle's Downtown Transit Project. (Upon completion: Downtown Transit Tunnel)

The Chicago fellow died; TNERJ died. TNERJ is now alive and well, thanks to this form of communication we have under our fingertips. It is now The New New Electric Railway Journal - TNNERJ. Available via GOOGLE, or their electronic address. Not available in paper form.

Bit of ancient history: 100 some years ago. The Electric Railway Journal chronicled the street railway, elevated / subway railway, and interurban lines. From two-axle cars thru MU'd PCCs.

Readers: Please fill in the two missing names.

GOOGLE tells about Bill Coor's gay son who found out the hard way why Coors beer was not sold on the West end of Market Street, San Francisco. Damn near killed him.

Back to 2007: On this evening's national political news, up pops Paul Weyrich.
And my mind snapped back many years. My thanks to those still with me.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Paul Weyrich Dick Seelye 11-07-2007 - 22:30
  Remembered a name Dick Seelye 11-08-2007 - 00:49
  Found second name Dick Seelye 11-08-2007 - 07:17

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com