Re: Viva Tejon
Author: mook
Date: 06-19-2013 - 12:56

So why didn't you submit this when they were reviewing the routes? You could have forced them to publicly respond. Too late now unless you have the political clout to reopen the process again.

Frankly, there are no good options for getting over the Tehachapi Mtns. By rail, HSR, or road. The ones we have are cobbled together or very old (fashioned). It becomes a question of what enough people are willing to pay for and accept the consequences of.

There is a new problem on the Palmdale route: a new conservation easement on a ranch that fills the gap between Tejon Ranch and the public land in the southern Sierra. Crosses 58, the existing RR, and any HSR line you would care to try.

In principle, I like the Tejon route, but I'm still leery about deep tunnels in those mountains - unexplored geological territory. And if you could just buy all of TJRanch? Not likely. THOSE numbers, I think, *are* cooked. But if you could that benefits your mitigation plans, doesn't it?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Viva Tejon synonymouse 06-16-2013 - 21:45
  Re: Viva Tejon Pdxrailtransit 06-16-2013 - 21:51
  Re: Viva Tejon mook 06-19-2013 - 12:56
  Re: Viva Tejon synonymouse 06-20-2013 - 12:02
  Re: Viva Tejon mook 06-20-2013 - 18:33
  Re: Viva Tejon synonymouse 06-20-2013 - 22:36

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com