Re: Travels With Frank-3 (Berkeley to Sparks and back)
Author: Jack Neville
Date: 10-04-2013 - 19:34

Tom, If I may comment on Travels With Frank-2 for a moment,I did a little research on Frank's ride behind engine 1658 on train 455.I was unable do find a Santa Fe local with that train number, nor was I able to locate an SP passenger train with that number. If his ride was indeed on Santa Fe passenger train with that number, then the power would have been a 2-10-2 - a bit of a odd choice for a a local train.

I am inclined to think that he may have been aboard an SP local freight as I believe some SP train numbers in the area during that time were in the 400 series. Perhaps someone else has better information.

Pursuant to part-3 of Frank's travels, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that he rode the cab of SP 4180 as I have had her front number plate for nearly 40 years.

Cheers,
Jack

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Travels With Frank-3 (Berkeley to Sparks and back) Tom Moungovan 10-04-2013 - 11:19
  Re: Travels With Frank-3 (Berkeley to Sparks and back) Tom Moungovan 10-04-2013 - 13:53
  Re: Travels With Frank-3 (Berkeley to Sparks and back) SP5103 10-04-2013 - 16:15
  Re: Travels With Frank-3 (Berkeley to Sparks and back) Tom Moungovan 10-04-2013 - 17:44
  Re: Travels With Frank-3 (Berkeley to Sparks and back) Jack Neville 10-04-2013 - 19:34
  Re: Travels With Frank-3 (Berkeley to Sparks and back) Grant Leslie 10-04-2013 - 17:52
  Re: Travels With Frank-3 (Berkeley to Sparks and back) Tom Moungovan 10-05-2013 - 06:53

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com