Re: Truck ON TROLLEY TRACKS 210 FRWY -- YIKES!!!! ==st Bound I-210 and Gold Line in Pasadena
Author: BOB2
Date: 04-25-2014 - 09:23

Have you ever seen a vehicle hit an LRT? Yes, this would have been serious, due to the size of the this trucks load, but this was a relatively low "hit", and passengers are up much higher here. This would have been serious, but probably not fatal to rail passengers.

And, where do you get this nonsense about the jersey barrier? Jersey barriers are being raised in new designs which would make penetration more difficult, but the main reason they are raising jersey barrier height is to reduce the need for "glare" fencing on the top, to prevent headlight glare from oncoming traffic, and to reduce the need to repair and barriers replace glare screens, after accidents.

Accidents do happen, but there is no particular danger to LRT passengers from this design, even compared with the death rate from auto-auto auto-truck incidents on this very segment of the 210 freeway. But, of course, we must do something about the train and stop all activities until the world is made completely safe from all possible eventualities or threats, up to and including, random meteor strikes?

But, of course it must have been the railroads fault, somehow, because something might have happened, right?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Trucks Crash Closes East Bound I-210 and Gold Line in Pasadena News at 4 04-24-2014 - 16:05
  Re: Trucks Crash Closes East Bound I-210 and Gold Line in Pasadena <:( 04-24-2014 - 16:11
  Truck ON TROLLEY TRACKS 210 FRWY -- YIKES!!!! ==st Bound I-210 and Gold Line in Pasadena Daniel3197 04-24-2014 - 18:53
  Re: Truck ON TROLLEY TRACKS 210 FRWY -- YIKES!!!! ==st Bound I-210 and Gold Line in Pasadena Stash 04-24-2014 - 21:12
  Re: Truck ON TROLLEY TRACKS 210 FRWY -- YIKES!!!! ==st Bound I-210 and Gold Line in Pasadena BOB2 04-25-2014 - 09:23
  Re: Truck ON TROLLEY TRACKS 210 FRWY -- YIKES!!!! ==st Bound I-210 and Gold Line in Pasadena Tyrone Malone 04-25-2014 - 20:13

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com