Re: X Train
Author: wsabo
Date: 05-23-2014 - 07:19

I don't know about the stock situation but.....

I think there are a lot of people that would like to ride the train from the LA area to Vegas and are willing to pay premium fares to avoid the traffic on I-15. Unfortunately Union Pacific makes it too expensive and impractical to run a passenger train on that line.

Back in the 1960's UP did run a train called the Las Vegas Holiday Special? that ran from LA on Friday morning and came back on Sunday afternoon it had regular coaches and the ticket price included buffet meals

I think they have a better chance on Santa Fe Southern. No freight traffic to interfere with the passenger train. non union lower operating costs Santa Fe is an area that attracts a lot of wealthy tourists who might be willing to charter the private cars for weddings, special events, etc. It would be nice if they could attach the cars to the Railrunner train from Alberquerque to bring in people that fly to the area but that probably won't happen.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  X Train wsabo 05-23-2014 - 05:45
  Re: X Train wsabo 05-23-2014 - 05:48
  Re: X Train Graham Buxton 05-23-2014 - 06:39
  Re: X Train wsabo 05-23-2014 - 07:19
  Re: X Train Rich Hunn 05-23-2014 - 09:10
  Re: X Train mook 05-23-2014 - 09:20

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com