Re: Railfanning
Author: ex-deputy railfan
Date: 06-24-2014 - 10:13

Jim, just my two cents worth - not all cops are pigs. When I was doing security for Sheriff's Office, I tried to just make sure the camera guys and watchers were safe from the trains and other hazards, and that they didn't point camera at me or jail property, for obvious real security reasons. Trespassing is an issue, also. I have seen, and been the object of, over-the-top, badge-heavy officers who pushed it way too far. The rent-a-cops mainly, and those who were mainly ignorant of our hobby and interests. A person's attitude is a big factor when confronted by officers, in the right or wrong. A bad attitude can make the situation go downhill very fast. Try to avoid confrontation, if possible, by finding a place where the cops are not hanging out, with nothing else better to do than to bother you. Stay in a safe place, don't trespass, be nice, be polite and calm if confronted. If you look like the stereotypical terrorist or vagrant, you have already attracted attention by the folks around you, especially cops. Some have very narrow points of view, as I know well. Have fun, though, and post those pictures!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Railfanning Jim Speaker 06-24-2014 - 09:01
  There not Their . 06-24-2014 - 09:55
  Re: Railfanning ex-deputy railfan 06-24-2014 - 10:13
  Re: Railfanning Jim Speaker 06-24-2014 - 11:19
  Re: Railfanning Jim Speaker 06-24-2014 - 15:41
  Re: Railfanning David.Curlee 06-25-2014 - 14:08
  Re: Railfanning Jim Speaker 06-25-2014 - 17:28

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com