Re: Jim Speaker's Photos -- Oregon Pacific
Author: Jim700
Date: 07-03-2014 - 19:46

Northern Snowman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ... really surprised shorts are
> allowed on the Oregon Pacific.

No surprise there. The OPR is a father and three sons family operation of a class act shortline railroad. They don't need mega-levels of corporate lawyers writing hundreds or thousands of "dos" and "don'ts" which are nitpicking to the nth degree to tell them how to railroad. They simply use common sense regarding what clothing works for them for each railroad task they undertake. After all, they aren't in Texas here; they don't need heavy pants legs to protect themselves from rattlesnakes lurking in the lineside vegetation! They aren't just operating personnel but share in doing it all: B&B, MOW, TY&E, shop work, marketing and anything else it takes to perpetuate their successful business.

I'm proud to have the opportunity to run occasionally on their railroad and I enjoy hearing them whistle for the S Oak Grove Road crossing (southeast of their Molalla River bridge) which is slightly over a mile east of my farm.

For those not familiar with the area, the IDs on Jim's photos are actually "Canby" and "Liberal".

Thank you, Jim, for sharing your pictures on AP and I look forward to seeing more of them.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Jim Speaker's Photos -- Oregon Pacific David.Curlee 07-03-2014 - 16:36
  Re: Jim Speaker's Photos -- Oregon Pacific Northern Snowman 07-03-2014 - 18:21
  Re: Jim Speaker's Photos -- Oregon Pacific Jim700 07-03-2014 - 19:46
  Re: Jim Speaker's Photos -- Oregon Pacific ex-BN 07-04-2014 - 08:36
  Re: Jim Speaker's Photos -- Oregon Pacific Jim Speaker 07-04-2014 - 10:52

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com