Don't Throw It Away, please......
Author: Peter D.
Date: 09-15-2014 - 01:58

Hey guy's, gal's. Please don't trash anything that tells a story. Case in point. My Mom kept photo albums from nearly every year from 1965 until her death in 2007. I was wondering how I was going to deal with all those photos. I went through the albums start to last, page by page. I tossed landscape pictures from trips that had no meaning to me, but did ask myself a question, would it mean anything to anybody else? If that answer was yes, then into a separate pile and I.D.ed for location and date. She did an excellent job of dating and IDing everything. That helped a lot! People I knew, or knew of I'd keep. Maybe to give to friends or family later. They then could make the decision to keep or toss. As far as specialty pictures go, our hobbies, interests, it's ALL history. Oh. Sure. Toss all those out of focus jobbies and train behind fauna on far away hill/mountain etc. Little ID on the rest, hand em off to someone showing interest. Even with ALL the photo's being taken now with the ease of the digital system, someone, somewhere will look at it sometime in future if it is available. See Pdxrailtransit, page 3, 09-02-2014. Those pictures were cool. To another age and then the rest of the old photo's on that site he referenced. Awesome! See my post, page 2, Cautionary Tale,/ KEEP IT!
Ah. Do what you want, but think about it a spell. Sell it on E-bay for a penny. A penny you didn't have before....

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Don't Throw It Away, please...... Peter D. 09-15-2014 - 01:58

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com